Cooking is a good way to keep updated our English. A lot of products have their description in several languages. But another way and more tasty is cooking with recipes in English.
Here are one of my favourites.
The grandmother’s cake.
5 spoonfuls of sugar.
1 “flanin” packet or custard powder.
5 packets of plain and preferably square biscuits (y usually do with marie buscuits.)
300 g of plain chocolate.
500 ml of whipping cream
50 g of finely grated coconut.
1. Whip the cream with 2 spoonfuls of sugar.
2. Melt the chocolate (You may use the microwave or boil in some water)
3. Boil ½ liter of milk and when the milk comes to the boil add the custard powder packet with 3 spoonfuls of sugar, and toss it for about 5 minutes before removing it.
4. Pour some milk into a bowl and dip the biscuits in it but only for a little while.
5. Use a largish dish that isn't too shallow and make layers of milk-moistened biscuits alternating with layers of the chocolate cream, the whipped cream, and the liquid crême caramel.
6. The top layer should be one with chocolate.
7. Sprinkle the grated coconut on the top.
8. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.